Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Trial Run With Stitch Fix

A friend of mine introduced me to Stitch Fix, an online styling service, a few months back.  A short story shorter, I decided to try it, even though I'm usually pretty picky with clothes.  I'm trying to step out of my normal on clothes a bit, so this was a step.


How it Works:
You sign up online and fill out an extensive survey, including questions about your style, colors, what not to send, sizes, pricing, and an extra comments box to add anything else.  You pay a $20 fee to have a box sent to you that consists of 5 pieces.  Your stylist uses your survey to pick items for you.  Once you receive the box at home, you can try on everything and you have 3 days to decide what you want to keep or send back.  If you keep something, your $20 fee goes to your purchase.  If you keep all 5 items, you get a 25% discount on everything!  If you don't keep anything, they keep the $20.  They also provide a post-paid envelope to mail items back in.  And the biggest factor (for me) is that you don't have to receive boxes unless you want to.  While you can set it up to be a monthly subscription-type box, you can also decide to manually schedule boxes as infrequently as you would like.  Oh!  And they send these nice style cards that give a few examples of what to pair each piece you got with (for those of us that are style-impaired).


VERY easy and convenient.  Especially for those of us with little ones that can deter our shopping.  Or those of us that live so far out that shopping is an all day excursion.

Am I satisfied with my box?  Yes!  I didn't expect to like every piece in my first box.  But with each box, you fill out an additional survey about the pieces they sent that they then take into consideration for your next box.

So what did I get?  Of course I took pictures.  I'm just not guarantee-ing the quality of said pictures.

 
And what did I keep?  I chose to keep the white shirt (LOVE it!) and the plaid shirt.  And I can't wait to get my next box! 

 

Interested in finding out more?  Use this link to check it out!!  Stitch Fix

No comments: