Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter Update

Wow, it's been a long time. We've just been so busy this winter with the holidays, Doug's work, and my work in Kerrville a few days a week. It's amazing how fast this house can look like a tornado hit it when I'm gone multiple days in the week. I just can't keep up.

So, before Christmas, Darcy spent a lot of time with Gran since I was working a lot in town. And on other days, she stayed with her Dad, and they ended up doing things like this:



You know, things that are just plain fun.

We made our Christmas trip to Bellville and multi-tasked by taking Doug's mule deer in to the taxidermist in Bryan. And of course we couldn't be in that great area without a drive down University and a stop at Northgate. After a while in the bookstore looking for Darcy a t-shirt...
We had lunch at Freebirds, oh what memories! And we couldn't be next door to the Chicken without going in. And you can't go in without having a beer. So we sat and reminisced for a while, making sure we didn't run over our meter in the parking lot out back. Yes, those dang things are still there. Meanwhile that night we had a good Christmas with Doug's family, with Darcy having the biggest pile of presents of course. She had lots of fun, needless to say.
And of course, she had to deal with the occasional uncle that wanted to play with her new dolls more than she did. Hehe...
We had Christmas at our house on Christmas Day with my family, and had a great time then too. Although somehow, I can't find any pictures of it, just video. And I'm not savvy enough to put video on here.
A prescribed burn the weekend after Christmas (Doug and I love to set things on fire!), and some shopping the week after in San Antonio capped off our holiday season. We did watch some pretty good fireworks and New Year's Day night (it was too windy n.y. eve) at the neighbor's place.

Now, we're back to working in town a few days a week, with Darcy in tow, and Doug back to work also. Hopefully we'll be uneventful for a few weeks, as I've had my share of happenings, and would like to catch up on office work, housework, and sleep. I'm too used to my boring ranch life.

Until next time....

No comments: