Saturday, March 15, 2014

Bucket List

Let's talk about 'Bucket Lists.'  First of all, most people that have a bucket list have things on their 'list' that I think are just plain cra-azy.  Here in the Pfeffer household, we don't do crazy things.  We don't even have the desire to do crazy things.  (Blame that on the Cradduck side of the family.)  I mean, you're talking to people that live in 2014, and have never been on a plane.  Ok? 

So when I say that seeing Willie Nelson in concert was on my bucket list, take it with a grain of salt.  That 'list' is very short.  And somewhat unexciting.

Meanwhile, back in 2013, Doug and I had our 10 year wedding anniversary.  No big trip or plans, in fact, we worked all day and stayed at home that night.  But I told him we were going to do 'something.'  When I found out Willie was going to be in Austin on my birthday, it was like divine intervention.  And I bought tickets approximately 4 minutes after they went on sale.  SECOND ROW BABY!

So on New Year's Eve, we traveled to Austin, checked into our downtown hotel, and walked to Austin City Limits, where the concert was.  Right there on Willie Nelson Blvd.  We had a good time, but discovered we're older than we thought when we realized it would be midnight before Willie played!  We're used to early nights these days.


Waiting for Willie
 
I have been wanting to see Willie play since before college.  And I had an opportunity to see him in College Station and regrettably, didn't get to.  Something about mid-terms and everybody wanted to study instead (excuses...).  Anyways, I figured time might be running out to see him, so we better go while we could.  We had a blast and he definitely held his end of the bargain up by singing and playing for an hour and a half straight!  I was truly impressed.  Most singers take breaks or have back up players/singers and Willie had none of that.  It was him and Trigger.  And he was great.  I won't tell you how many pictures and videos I took that night.  But here's a small taste.
 


 
 
We were close, y'all.  And we had a blast.  Given the opportunity, I would go see him again in a heartbeat.  Still a great performer, even at the age of 80!


No comments: