Sunday, January 22, 2012

Christmas, Again

And then came Christmas Day. My parents and brother came down, and Darcy got to open hers and Dax's presents again. We didn't have that much for her to open, because this was her main present.
Nathan scored major points on the Barbie house, and Dax got some trucks that he really enjoys. I don't know how little boys instinctively know that those cars and trucks are meant to be pushed along, like they're driving, but they do. Darcy would have just picked it up, looked at it, and put it back down. Just another time I'm amazed at how God makes things work.

Of course, after we had opened all of the presents, THEN we remembered the camera sitting on the camera. So much for recording that first Christmas Dax! Luckily we did have the video camera going on a tripod the whole time, but it's nice to have some still shots too. I'm sure I'll really lament this later in life as I look back on all of our photos. But all I can say right now is, oh well.
The rest of the Christmas holidays passed with Darcy visiting Gran and Mike for several days, and Dax learning to sleep in his bed all night (which was a barrel of fun, as you can imagine).

No comments: